[Apcupsd-users] How do I reset my battery's date like in Power Chute?
ToddAndMargo
2016-07-16 05:52:00 UTC
Hi All,

How do I reset my battery's date like in Power Chute? I can
not discharge this as it is a production server.

Many thanks,
-T
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computers are like air conditioners.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jernej Simončič
2016-07-16 12:43:35 UTC
Post by ToddAndMargo
How do I reset my battery's date like in Power Chute? I can
not discharge this as it is a production server.
Stop apcupsd and run apctest - one of the options lets you set the
battery date. Afterwards, start apcupsd again.
--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

It's always the partner's fault.
-- First Law of Bridge
ToddAndMargo
2016-07-17 04:53:40 UTC
Post by Jernej Simončič
Post by ToddAndMargo
How do I reset my battery's date like in Power Chute? I can
not discharge this as it is a production server.
Stop apcupsd and run apctest - one of the options lets you set the
battery date. Afterwards, start apcupsd again.
Thank you!

-T
Post by Jernej Simončič
Stop apcupsd and run apctest - one of the options lets you set the
battery date [number 4]. Afterwards, start apcupsd again.
See: man apctest

If the service is not enabled yet:
# systemctl enable apcupsd

To reset the date:
# systemctl stop apcupsd
# apctest # select 4) and reset the date
# systemctl start apcupsd

To read status from the UPS:
$ apcaccess
--